Monday, September 9, 2013

A lovely Sunday in London

Whoops! this got lost in my quick turn around from London, to home and then to the US in less than 2 days. Sorry for the confusion, but I didn't want to miss mentioning my last day of my pre-trip trip!


We were so lucky to have another lovely day in London!

Day 3 of my pre-trip trip went so much better than anticipated!

Our first stop was Abbey Road!  It is only a 15 minute walk to the crossing made famous by the Beatles using it on their Abbey Road album cover - as we were walking on Abbey Road, we found 2 zebra crossings and were not absolutely sure which one was correct.  Then, as if it was placed there for us, was a church leaflet advertising a charity collection. What was so great about that?  On the other side, there was the picture of the actual album cover, so we could see exactly where we were supposed to be!

The trees are much higher, but we are in the right place!



It was really lucky we waited until Sunday morning. This was not intentional but turned out to be very good since there was very little traffic.  and very few people - only 2 other couples.  One was an English couple and we took photos of each other.  They left and then 2 young Japanese men arrived and we did the same all over again.  Although they are Japanese, they live in New York City.  So even with this limited amount of people, we had an incredible international experience!

Graffiti on the wall in front of Abbey Road Studios.









Our next stop was to meet Martin and Pamela for Dim Sum at the Dim Sum Palace!
Gina and I had been there before but this was the first time for Martin and Pamela. It is a fun experience with food trolleys loaded with bamboo baskets keeping a treasure trove of assorted Chinese food in bite size portions.  These trolleys are constantly on the move so you can just pick a few things, enjoy them and get your next round!  I am not convinced Martin enjoyed it as much as the rest of us, but I am so happy to have at least shared something I really enjoy!




Following this, we went to Snog for dessert.  This is frozen yogurt and you can get all kinds of toppings, ranging from very healthy blueberries to mini-chocolate chips
(if you add in strawberries, that is what I got!)














Sadly it was time to tel Gina goodbye.  This was the second time this year we have been fortunate enough to get together.  "Old" friendships are so special and I always look forward to the time we spend together. 

It was also time for me to begin planning my journey to Heathrow.  Martin and Pamela did me the honor of joining me on the bus to the airport!   I loved being able to spend more time with them and also really benefitted from help with my suitcases.  After all, I was taking stuff home for Martin too! 

I was pleasantly surprised that there is a nice Italian restaurant at Terminal 5 - Carluccio's.  After this, it was goodbye to Martin and Pamela and a very short trip home for me.

"Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those I love, I can. All of them make me laugh." –W.H. Auden

No comments:

Post a Comment